Friday, March 19, 2010

TORTILLAS



I have made a new and most wonderful discovery! YOUTUBE COOKING! Pretty much any recipe you'd want to make has many step-by-step videos detailing how to make cette dish. I really appreciate this because being a less than novice chef, I never know if what I'm doing is right, or if I am making things totally wrong. But with the videos you can see exactly how things are supposed to look, all along the way. It's like a cookbook with an infinite number of pictures to help you make it.

I have been watching many many videos, and decided to test out this recipe for tortillas!

These were really simple to make. Only a few ingredients were required. The hardest part was rolling... rolling... rolling out the little balls of dough. They flattened dough only took seconds to cook, and ended up tasting delicious!
They weren't exactly like tortillas from a bag. While they did taste better, of course, they were a lot thicker and chewier. It would be difficult to use these tortillas for burritos or enchiladas or really most foods that use tortillas. You could use them for tacos, but you wouldn't get a large roll in them, causing a lot of taco fixings to fall out. -You all know what I'm talking about. When I make these again (which i will) I'll try to make the balls of dough slightly bigger and roll them out a bit thinner. This should make tortillas with a larger circumference, and more Mexican-food manageable.


Stephanie, Roommate Jesse, and Boyfriend verdict: delicious!!

Exciting news: this is the first post in which I spelled "r-e-c-i-p-e" correctly, without adding an extra "i" after the "p". Well I am improving in something!

No comments:

Post a Comment