Well, now that I no longer am living at home, and have a husband to feed I get to cook much much more. It's very nice to have my own kitchen again. I know where everything is again. It's also nice to have a much more developed set of kitchen gadgets and tools from my wedding. There isn't really anything else I need!
I stumbled upon this delicious bread recipe and tried it out last night.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and applesauce; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in raisins and nuts. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
I had a feeling that it would be delicious, but Husband was skeptical. Applesauce in bread sounded quite strange to him. In the end he loved it. I did as well. It was a simple recipe. It didn't involve too many ingredients, and it was delicious!
This comes highly recommended by me.
Give it a try.
When I make this again I will probably double (if not triple) it. originally it only makes one loaf.
-dang, I guess I'll need to get a second loaf pan. I guess my kitchen isn't quite complete yet.